…and now painting. Main colours are “Burnt Sienna” and “Raw Umber”, usually for the farmlands etc I use Burnt Sienna and for forests I use Raw Umber, some grey for areas where rocks etc will go. I usually use cheap $2 75ml tubes of Artists’ Acrylics.
I’ve painted about 2/3s so far, a few more tubes to go…
Today’s task was starting to add dirt/grout combination to the freshly painted ground. I brush Mod Podge Matte Medium on the model and then wait for it to dry, a coat of isopropyl alcohol and then a spray of scenic glue – see Luke Towan’s video:
Few progress shorts. Work on the forest has been slow, I’m not exactly sure how I want to simulate the undergrowth under the pine trees, I’ve settled on a method Grant Morell taught me using processed sheep’s wool and flock / ground cover. As you can see I’m marking out the holes drilled for the trees, which I add a bit of PVA glue to, before adding the trees.
A few other pics of ballasting progress as well. There’s now only two modules to go for ballasting, both the main station scenes (not pictured), which I should get to during this week.