February 26, 2017 at 5:33 pm #4356
What are you working on?February 26, 2017 at 9:22 pm #4358February 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm #4360
Is this direct uploaded via the site? Have we finally fixed the whole ‘Image Failed to Upload’ issue?February 27, 2017 at 8:48 pm #4361
Looks like it 🙂February 28, 2017 at 10:29 am #4364
Great stuff!March 12, 2017 at 9:16 am #4414
Very nice, always a hard colour to duplicate.
Does anyone have any drawings / dimensions for a Dj loco? Would great fully appreciate it if you could share.March 14, 2017 at 10:53 am #4427
NZR locos and Railcars 1980 and 1983 editions both have a good plan. 13106 over headstocks, 10210 wheelbase, 2210 bogie wheelbase3531 high, 2591 wideJanuary 19, 2018 at 2:53 pm #4710
Not much on my workbench for the past few months… first I moved back to Auckland in August, and since then I haven’t had any space for my trains… until now!
I purchased an Ecoshed, 4m x 2.5m which also has a decent height. They’re not hard to put together (the hardest part was putting in the piles / bearers, which I had a lot of help from my father in law and a mate who is a builder). Next steps are staining the outside, putting on guttering and electrical inside, plus lining the walls… and maybe painting. Then I might be ready for model making again…January 19, 2018 at 9:02 pm #4717
Nice work ! Having just watched that UK TV show on sheds this evening reminds me of the single mans hut I looked at in Ormondville – not as usefull as a modelling room as yours would be.January 20, 2018 at 9:47 am #4718
There was one a few years ago next to the tracks at Taita, sadly disappeared… always wanted to know who owned it and if it would’ve been any good to use…January 27, 2018 at 11:15 pm #4724
cool stuffJuly 15, 2018 at 7:16 pm #4863
Righto, been a while since I posted an update. A lot of the things I mentioned above have now been done, including getting the shed wired up for electricity and lighting (three sets of longitudinal LED lights).
I’ve now got three of the four NZ120 modules I built in Wellington set up, as well as the leg-sets supplied by Evan Batchelor. However, one module came apart in transit and the first one I completed (in the pic below) has been a bit munted too in the process, (I removed the bridge for transit though, so no dramas there). As well as the traverser I built being bent in the middle, screwing up the carefully aligned tracks I’d put in place!
So time for a bit of a re-think (or to start the whole process all over again). The module concept is good but after setting up in the shed, I think the traverser/fiddle yard would be better set up in the middle.
First things first, I’m going to rebuild the module that came apart in transit, and likely make use of the excess plywood and polystyrene I’ve been storing up for landscaping. The last couple of weekends I’ve spent tidying the place up and putting in shelves for tools etc (behind where the pic is taken).August 13, 2018 at 8:00 am #4894
An update for those not on facebook site. more fencing soldered up as well as a couple of gates.These will be re done with finer wire at some stage. Sheep painting with wire support for installing in paddocks. First 3D house all wired up.window glass and curtains to come.Thanks to Coasterboy for the 3D house
August 18, 2018 at 9:41 am #4898
- This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by beakaboy.
beakaboyParticipantAugust 25, 2018 at 10:12 pm #4899
Spent today rebuilding one of my modules…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.