Trackgang Products

Welcome to NZ120.ORG Forums NZ120 Trackgang Products

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Trackgang 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Trackgang
    Participant

Whats happening in the Workshop – February 2019.

Castings received for another batch of 88 seat railcars and ‘grass grubs’ in nz120 scale. Let the bagging up commence.
    Been trying to work on some of the outstanding rolling stock builds I have to do.

nz120:- Adding a few more kits into stock 29/01 – La, Lc-2 and Lc-3, Ks and Usb.

Upcoming shows we are attending are:
    Te Awamutu Show 27/28th April 2019.

Look forward to seeing the modelers once again.

Cheers, to you all Smile

Russell Jones

Trackgang
    Participant

Waitangi Day. Out at my mates place and we spent today building the extra legs needed for the 4 module extension to the layout.

Trackgang
    Participant

After screwing and gluing on the table tops of plywood to two modules last week, today I trimmed the tops to frame size and then sanded them down. Its been such good weather, so I continued by painting the undersides with primer in the afternoon. This evening, that was all touch dry, so I spun the modules around and painted the tops as well. These two table tops will make an industrial/urban area as an extension to the left end of the existing yard (for those who’ve seen the modules on display, you might understand). The double main track with flow across the modules and each mainline will have a long passing loop. As well I might fit in a double crossover between the mainlines. This will be totally isolated electrically, but allow to roll train from the inner to outer circuit or vice versa. From the inner loop I’ll run an industrial line off to serve several industries and also a feed through the backdrop to a fiddle/staging area as space permits. Once the paint is dry I can put the modules on legs and line them up and play with some track locations before laying down the cork tile roadbed. Must take some more photos. I’ve created a photo album on the nz120 Facebook page with the progress of the layout since I first started it with some notes on how I made things.

Trackgang
    Participant

Planning out the track work. Double track mainline with passing loops. Industrial supply sidings and then holding sidings which will be behind the back scene.

Trackgang
    Participant

Making some progress with the module builds. Last weekend after the 2 yard extension modules were painted, I glued the cork road bed onto the first module and then set about marking out the track locations. Framed up the back scene with 18mm x 18mm timber and paneled some space with hardboard sheet. The gaps in the back scene will be covered by buildings which in turn will cover the point operating cables.
    As well I’ve made a start on the bridge build for the other modules. Using an old model plane assembly idea of pinning the structure styrene pieces over the plan, so I have 4 identical girders.
    Progress is good!
    Russ

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.