Module ends

Welcome to NZ120.ORG Forums NZ120 Module ends

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar ECMT 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gibbseynz
    Participant

Are people making their layouts modular when they build them? Is there a standard end that people are using as even though it wont happen often when I make my layout I would like it to be able to connect to other peoples modules if I ever took it to a show or something.

ECMT
    Participant

Sadly the idea of modular layouts has never really caught on, at least not to a common design. There is info on the Motorised Dandruff Blog on MMW module end plates. one such posting is here : http://motoriseddandruff.blogspot.com/2016/10/waihao-forks-rethink.html

gibbseynz
    Participant

Yes MMW module ends is the current plan. Possibly with some adapted ones for the module joins in yards I remember seeing a diagram on the blog a while ago with all the dimensions but havent been able to find it again.
    I have a plan for a loop layout in my shed starting with 2 modules making up a viaduct and eventually looping around to a yard on the other side. I am trying to keep it as close to a scale verion of the real life locations as possible but finding a yard that will fit in the length available and still be interesting to operate is a challenge.
    Still, thats a while away yet as I will start off small with the viaduct and build that first. I like the idea of being able to show how small trains seem on a large viaduct and NZ120 will be great for being able to give the scenery and terrain the look of looming over the tiny trains.

ECMT
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea ! I sent a message to MMW recently about module ends. I think he said he had some 2 and 3 track module end plates in stock.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.