ECMT's Stuff

Welcome to NZ120.ORG Forums NZ120 ECMT's Stuff

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Trackgang 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

So they do have TT / 1:120 in stock? Excellent.

ECMT
    Participant

These haven’t been in stock for a while. I placed them on my notification list. very good price I thought.

ECMT
    Participant

I’ve just seen this vid posted on one of the Facebook pages – Di 1102 on the Weka Pass Railway – July 2018 (HD). https://youtu.be/7s9vWNAOMRM
    Superb !

ECMT
    Participant

A vid on Youtoob of the Weka Pass Railway – English Electric Showcase 2018 : https://youtu.be/B1EENM4M1ss

Featuring the sexy sounds of EE locos burbling. Starting at around 9.00 is the afternoon lashup of 1 x Di + 3 Dg’s. Some great runby shots !

There was a recent pic on Facebook of the Di/Dg tour of the S.Island, taken by Tommy Secker.It’s of Di 1102 & Dg 772 at speed in the morning sun down the MSL. A fantastic shot and one pic he can be very proud to have taken. If you read this Tommy, congrats on that shot !

ECMT
    Participant

Another vid from Luke Towan has just been posted on Youutoob. Ultra-Realistic Muddy River Diorama.

Superb info and inspiration !

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

He’s very good, but his videos are getting a bit repetitive. Because he’s building dioramas some of his techniques won’t work for layouts (e.g. picking up the entire model and shaking it to get left over flock!).

ECMT
    Participant

I agree with how they are getting repetitive, but I’m not sure what else he could do next – more structure builds maybe ? While his techniques may not be the best for layouts, they are great for modules like yours.

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

Yeah his buildings in styrene look pretty good. I’d love to see an actual layout, that would be good to see his techniques for working in a smaller space.

Working with modules is pretty good, but I realise not everyone does this so I’m a bit unique (as always haha!).

ECMT
    Participant

There was a mention on his blog quite a while back that he was going to do more scratch built buildings, but I haven’t seen them yet.
    Keep at your modules Lewis – you are an inspiration to others as much as a Luke Towan vid. I’ve got about 3 end module plate sets, have the idea of what I want to do, just haven’t pulled finger yet.

Trackgang
    Participant

ECMT – need to clean the cobwebs off first!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.